Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Light at the End of the Super-Crazy Tunnel

So we’re finally getting down to a manageable list of things left to do! There’s still a bit of running around and hair-pulling, but not nearly as much. I think we’ve got everything as far as what we’re wearing down – clothes and pins and shoes (with the exception of my heels on the way), and headpieces and all that. Hair and makeup are pinned down and scheduled. We’ve got meetings this week to finalize music, dance class for that First Dance, making sure flowers are buttoned down, and the itinerary is coming dangerously close to being done.

WHEW!

There are still things we need to get done, getting a hotel room, figuring out transportation, picking out cupcake flavors, getting the seating arrangement designed and placecards made and all that, but we’re almost done! We also picked up our marriage license today, which was surprisingly easy.

We also finalized the venue food – they wanted to make sure they we had alerted people that this was not a "dinner" reception, and while we hadn’t included it in writing on the actual invite, we did put in on the website( www.theknot.com/ourwedding/tracicook&adamgillespie), and I’m reeeally hoping people are visiting it, because we included all that relevant info there – day-of info, hotels, registries, all that. I’ll also be forwarding the itinerary to all necessary parties once it’s completed, should be soon!

In other news, I had my second bridal shower (I don’t think I posted up here about my first one, thrown by friends of my future mother in law down in Roseburg). We had a way awesome time! My Man of Honor Kyle hosted it at his house, and a bunch of my lady friends, mom, gramma, and Nancy were in attendance. We mostly hung out, at BBQ and talked about boys – status quo for a bridal shower I imagine. After most of the ladies had left, it was down to me, Ashley, Jessica and Kyle, and we decided the left-over pineapples and coconuts needed to be cut open “Hook” style, tossed like a baseball and sliced with a machete, which can be seen here:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2158313801770&subj=1364268008

(Also on my facebook page) Let’s just say it’s not a Kyle party if we’re not slicing *something* open with a machete. After that we had what I’d call a “Bridal shower after party”, and the four of us went dancing down in china town. Not to be confused with the Bachlorette Party, which will be happening the last weekend of the month, we just didn’t want to go home at 9pm on a Saturday. It was kind of totally awesome.

Adam had his Bachelor Party the same night, a story which he can tell if he’d like, but it mostly involved paintball, dinner, and the usual bachelor party shenanigans. :-D

23 DAYS LEFT HOLY POOP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment